Saturday, November 23, 2019

THANK YOU FOR BREAKING MY HEART - by Donald Masekenuba




THANK  YOU  FOR  BREAKING  MY  HEART


by  Donald  Masekenuba,  Bahamas




You hit me with a fist so cold,
Telling me without a just reason
That everything we shared together is over.
You stabbed me with a knife so smooth,
Numbing my feeling and freezing my hopes.
I counted on you, my love
For the days to come.
But if your love for me has lost its passion
Then with an unquenchable pain in my heart
I bid you farewell and wish you well.
I hope that true love finds you soon.
But, I will also like to thank you.
Thank you for breaking my heart.
For it opens the door for me to find a true love.
Now I realized that the love I thought we shared
Was just mine to keep and yours to loose.
Lonely is one who has never been loved
But tragic is a soul whose love is mocked.