Saturday, March 7, 2020

I LOVE YOU - by Alicat




I  LOVE  YOU

by    Alicat  




I look to the sky
I see the sun
The warm gentle glow
The spirit of fun


The walk in the heat
Down that once long street
The familiar face
I was soon to greet


The sun kept it's light
Long after dark
That face lit me up
On my heart, it left a mark


It grew and it grew
And now covers my heart
Every little inch
Every little part


The sun gently
Faded away
Along came winter
And the long dull days


Night was day
And day was night
But you were still here
Lighting up my life


Soon you became
My moon and my stars
Guiding me through the dark
And healing my scars


The clouds cover
But you still shine through
One of the many reasons
I never stop thinking about you


And now it's getting
Bright again
The months have changed
But we remain


The sun is out
A year has flown
The dark has gone
And we have grown


Closer and closer
Apart never
You're my soulmate
And I'll love you forever