Sunday, December 22, 2019

THE QUESTIONS OF THE HEART - by Alyssa Anne Vitry





THE  QUESTIONS  OF  THE  HEART  

by Alyssa Anne Vitry



Why do my eyes begin to tear ?
Why does my soul begin to weep ?
Why is this not, when you are near ?
Why do you make me feel so great ?

Where does all my poor saddness go?
Where do my fears and bad hopes lie ?
Where do my pains vanish when you show
Your gracious manner and your gentle eyes ?

Who let you come from heavens door ?
Who welcomed you with arms outstretched ?
Who would dare to ask no more ?
Who would not need your help ?

When was your heart less than a gods ?
When were you but a normal man ?
When were you not loyal like a dog ?
When did you last think not of me ?

What creature was I to steal your heart ?
What child were you to have let it be taken ?
What courage you had, when it could be torn apart ?
What was it that made me love you, and you love me so sweetly ?