Saturday, December 21, 2019

A LOVE... - by Donna Lynn Gerrard


 


 A LOVE...

by Donna Lynn Gerrard


A love as pure as the morning dew
Is the love I feel when I'm with you
With crystal clear sparkle from the first morning sun
It's a love that I dreamt of and can't be undone
And as the last breath of night that touches the ground
Is like tender soft kisses for a love that’s been found
Then, my love, I feel a love for you
That’s as clear and pure as the morning dew


A love as fresh as the first flakes of snow
Is the love that I feel, I want you to know
With the gentleness tumbling as from each perfect flake
It’s a love that I hope you never forsake
And as the snow is collective and blankets the ground
It's like my love, so attentive, it knows of no bounds
Then, my love, I want you to know
My love is as fresh and as driven as the first flakes of snow


And my love is like fire that dances so bright
That keeps away cold and the darkness of night
With a magical shimmering, the heat does unfurl
It’s a love that will last past the time of our world
And as flames give us light with a warm golden glow
Like the love that surrounds us and protects us from foe
Then, my love, I feel love tonight
A love like fire that dances so bright