Monday, August 19, 2019

THE CROSS OF CALVARY - by Jamie Harris Coleman


                                                                                 
THE  CROSS  OF  CALVARY


by   Jamie Harris Coleman



On yonder mountain upon the cross,
A Man died to save the lost.
O, there He hung in agony,
Upon the Cross of Calvary.



When man was lost in wickedness
And this world a sin-cursed wilderness,
He gave His life for you and me,
Upon the Cross of Calvary.



O how the blood ran from His side,
O how He suffered before he died.
The nail prints in His hands I see,
Upon the Cross of Calvary.



The earth did shake while He hung there;
The sins of the world He had to bear.
Oh! draw me nearer and nearer to Thee,
O blessed Lamb of Calvary.



A crown of thorns they made Him wear,
The heavy cross they made Him bear.
That smiling face I long to see,
O Thou who died on Calvary.



An angel came on Easter day
And rolled the heavy stone away.
Once more the sinful world did see
The Christ who died on Calvary.



He is risen! the tidings spread;
They killed Him, but He rose from the dead.
He reigns again, and ever shall be
The King, who died on Calvary.



Redemption’s debt, He has paid it all;
O sinner, listen, and heed His call.
That debt was paid for you and me,
Upon the Cross of Calvary.



I love to feel the cleansing stream
Roll o’er my heart and make me clean;
That precious blood that was shed for me
Upon the Cross of Calvary.



I’ll trust Him while I tread life’s path;
He’ll shield me from His coming wrath.
With Him in glory I long to be,
The blessed Lamb of Calvary.



He is ready and willing now to receive
All who will trust Him and believe.
Still He is calling “Come unto me,”
The debt was paid on Calvary.



There is peace and joy with Him above;
There is happiness and perfect love.
My soul shall rest when there I’ll be
With Him, who died on Calvary.



Sinner, He is knocking at your heart’s door,
Believe, trust Him, reject no more.
He paid the debt for you and me,
Remember the Cross of Calvary.