Friday, August 16, 2019

IF TODAY I SAID I FORGIVE YOU - by Account1995




 IF  TODAY  I  SAID I  FORGIVE  YOU  

by Account1995

If today I said I forgive you
What would you say ?
Would you know what I was talking about
Or would my apology fly away ?

I learned today that forgiveness doesn't make it OK
I learned forgiveness isn't easy
I learned that when you forgive someone
That means it will no longer control your life
You put it in the past, and look to the future

If today I said I forgive you
What would you say?
Would you know what I meant
And would you forgive me the same way ?

Would you say I love you
And would I say it back ?
Would we be together
Or keep holding back ?

When will I be ready to forgive you ?
I think the time is now
I know that only I can make the choice
I'm going to have to do it somehow ...