Thursday, July 25, 2019

THE END - by Kenneth Ray Carmichael




 THE END


by Kenneth Ray Carmichael


All that was once rich and well in my soul is no more.
How can she love me if cupid's arrow 
lies in small pieces... all over the floor ?
At last, maybe, the pain will soon end, 
and the numbness will take over.
It's impossible to keep my head up 
with a million stones upon my shoulders.


I don't think I can feel that way 
for someone ever again.
I mean, breaking someone's heart 
is becoming a new trend.
tearing one's life apart 
is something worth bragging about to one's friends.
I have finally reached the point 
where I can't hide my feelings and pretend.


Is it possible for someone 
to be filled to the brim... with nothing ?
When you said I was your special one, 
was your heart only... bluffing ?
Truthfully, caring for a person without showing it 
is like hugging without touching.
My soul is weak and if my heart could speak, 
I don't believe it could... without cussing.