Wednesday, July 24, 2019

RESSURECTION - by Herbie William Carlisle




RESSURECTION


by Herbie William Carlisle 


My feelings have re-shaped my fears
on being left alone to weep for another world,
to let my mind conjure thoughts of a forbidden zone,
to stroll afraid in an eclipsing dome
filled with darkness and despair
and dream alone forever.


That was before you,
such beauty I never felt could exist in one person,
so much warmth and compassion and total understanding.
I've learned to dance again, free my soul
and let love fill my veins,
to fly in the sunlight and not get burned,
to stroll unaware of anything insecure.


I alone thought I knew what love was,
in all its splendid glory,
it's loving arms wrapped around my mind alone,
it's smiles and it's totally Utopian ways.
I was wrong but I could not begin to explain
how real I became in just finding this.
I drift over the cosmic seas,
spiraling into your thoughts
and bringing joy to your days and nights.


I float on the blue sky and beam the sun that shines in your hair,
the stars that sparkle in your eyes,
I am the glow around your soul,
I am the begining and the end of all things loving,
caring and above all affection.
I have a name to scroll on my heart and carry on my lips.


I feel no pain and want for nothing,
I do not hear gray whispers
telling me lies and turning me away from shelter,
I only see colorful things
and love soaked tomorrows with you,
above all this is real
and its there when I open my eyes
                       ... forever.