Tuesday, November 6, 2018

THOUGHTS.... - by Ashley Peter Loasby




 
THOUGHTS....


by   Ashley Peter Loasby


I thought that I'd seen beauty
I thought I'd witnessed grace,
I thought that I'd known love
'Til I gazed upon your face.

I thought I'd felt my heart beat
I thought my knees were weak,
I thought I'd heard a songbird
Until I heard you speak.

I thought the rose was fragrant
I thought the sky was blue,
I thought nature wonderful
'Til I first laid eyes on you.

I thought the sun was shining
I thought I'd seen it all,
I thought that I was standing
Until you made me fall.

I thought my eyes were open
Yet now I'm not so sure,
I think that I may be in love
Like I've never loved before.

I'll hold on to these feelings
And keep them safe within,
Until the time they're needed
And true love can begin...



R-Oksan@