Thursday, February 14, 2019

THE ONE I LOVE - by Coleman




THE ONE I LOVE   

by Coleman


I place my soul in the palm of your hands
Knowing that this is where it should stand.
I place my love embraced in your chest
The one I
 love, the one  
I
 caress.


Though I
 have trouble speaking of my emotions,
My soul is tranquil but deeper than any ocean.
Due to this it is hard for me to find in my heart.
The bottom of this ocean, and how I can start


To find myself in this world of madness,
To find myself in this sea of sadness,
When  
reveal the emotions 
I
 locked deep inside,
They rage out of control like the morning tide.


I walk not into temptation for I know what sleeps there,
The beast of my soul, my emotions that do scare,
Everyone around me from the youngest to old,
When it unleashes I myself am not bold.


This is why I give you the key to my love and soul,
So you can hold my love and lock the rest up whole,
I wish not to scare anybody anymore,
So, quickly before my emotions come, please lock the door.


Let out my love but lock in the rest.
My anger needs to be stopped, its for the best.
My sadness leads to sorrow and sorrow leads to rage,
and on goes the suffering to the very last page


Of my life in this world as long as I last,
Lock it up so it stays in the past.
I worry if I myself hold the key,
My strongest emotions will take control of me.


I want to love you now and forever more,
So let out my love but then lock the door,
Don't let the rest out, they are as sly as a fox,
Don't let them out, it's worse than that of Pandora's Box.


I place my soul in the palm of your hands,
Knowing that this is where it should stand,
I place my love embraced in your chest.
The one I
 love, the One who knows best.