Friday, May 1, 2020

ACROSS THE DISTANCE - by Hilda









ACROSS  THE  DISTANCE

by  Hilda



The distance between us seems longer each hour,
Daily I think about this love that has made me devoured.
But my love for you reaches over the distance.
My love will only grow larger while the distance will shorten
And the day that the stars are all numbered
And each grain of sand counted,
Then and only then will this love cease to reach across the distance.



As the hours go by and the minutes are passing,
My heart grows eager to see your beautiful smile.
At every faint thought of you the world seems unimportant,
And that’s when I realize that this love is true
And I will do anything to be next to you.
But remember this my love,
That this love of mine will never fail you
And it will always be there to reach across the distance.