Monday, September 16, 2019

THE LIFE I ALWAYS WANTED - by Julie Hebert




THE  LIFE I  ALWAYS  WANTED 


by  Julie Hebert



When I was a child, I dream't what I wanted,
When I grew up and became a woman.
I wanted prince charming, and three little darlings,
And living in a beautiful home was my plan.


I wanted to be happy and be miss snappy,
With everything that needed done.
My name was not super, but I'd be a trooper,
And make sure my family had ton.
Now that I'm grown, I realize how prone,
Children are to think of things that are absurd.
Dreams are wonderful, but sometimes horrific,
When we sit back and realize it's blurred.


Now I can't complain, I'm living my rein,
I have my prince charming and one darling.
I hope to have more, within time to adore,
My dreams I have only just started.