Monday, September 16, 2019

I WISH - by Julie Hebert


 


I  WISH


by Julie Hebert


I wish I may, I wish I might,
For something good to come in sight.
I wish to see my shinning star,
And maybe it will come tonight.


And with that star I plan to wish,
For all I love to come to me.
My hopes and dreams I will soon see,
All that's needed is to wish for thee.


This is how I use to think,
Before I realized wishing is like a wink.
When you wink you hope to show,
But never really are able to know.


Wishing won't make your dreams come true,
That is only something you can do.
If you want something to happen,
It's you who'll have to do the snapping.


So if you're going to make a wish,
On a night a star will fish.
Make a wish for strength and courage,
At least this will be something to encourage.


Wishing is all fine and dandy,
As long as you don't make it handy.
Wishing is for you to dream,
If you want success, you're better to scheme.