Tuesday, February 25, 2020

YOU AND I - by Elijah




YOU  AND  I

by   Elijah


At the thought of you
my eyes love teary drops
It makes me smile but at times weary
How can one love a woman so much
When a memory of you plays in my mind
I know everything about expression
I know pain with a glass in hands
I sleep with the radio on because I miss you
I hear your swift sweet sighs of breath
You make anew what grief destroyed
Your the reviver of old departed memories
I'm a man and I got to let a woman go
You're moving forward in another man's arms
I hope he sees nature doesn't make one like you
Can't you see it's got to be the Lord
Who makes you so beautiful
And everything that He done touched
Like your Mind, Body and soul
Is enough to be my world
It's not a fluke
that I'm still here waiting for you
That if you drop a glass
A glass in thousand pieces
Can mirror my heart