Sunday, February 23, 2020

SHINING ARMOR - by Sunday B. Fakus





SHINING  ARMOR 

by  Sunday B. Fakus



At the peak of my 
heart's desire,
Alone in the depth of my 
fractured mind,
A stolen joy by lovers past
And sweet memories 
once forgotten, were recaptured;
I found a new love...
my broken heart was restored.


There, almost reaching 
the end of the road,
At the crossroads of want
and rejection,
I paused in the liberty of my own,
Wondering where my
thoughts would finally lead,
Until you appeared on the scene
and settled the scores within.


At the ocean of emotions
where horizon meets the sun
Voices of love heard
from the sound of your heartbeat;
Resounding echoes of trust
and assurance you gave,
Streams of yearning, 
hope of living fulfilled, 
as you became my knight 
in shining armor.