Thursday, September 24, 2020

CHARGE THE HILL - by Kristen Feighery




CHARGE  THE  HILL

by   Kristen Feighery


At the base of the mountain I raise my eyes
To the climb that looms ahead.
And though I tremble at the road before
It is the path that I must tread.


My heart beats wildly and my legs feel weak
but my comfort comes in knowing
There’s a power greater than all of me
So my faith just keeps on growing.


Though the world may try to tell me
Faith is simple and quite naive,
I’ve felt His presence in the blackest of times
And I shall continue to believe.


There may be days to come where I feel alone
During the pain and hardest trials.
But there’s an unseen world holding me up
And protecting me all the while.


I know prayers and love will come to Him
From those who share my suffering.
Whose hearts and souls are tied with mine
In this journey laid out for me.


So I take the first step and begin the climb
and I know love will gently lead.
Each hand firmly held by family and friends
We charge the hill to victory.