Thursday, June 11, 2020

THE EARTH SMILES BACK - by Alyssa Murray






THE  EARTH  SMILES  BACK

by Alyssa Murray



Standing on the rocky shore,
waves crash into the bay,
The sandy beaches glimmer in
the newness of the day.


Wandering the shoreline,
a sound from far away,
The forest echoes with the sound,
of a blackbird or a jay.


Discovering a tree-lined path,
it seems the perfect day,
To walk a trail I never knew,
and get some time away.


Breathing in the evergreen,
convinces me to stay,
So I sit a bit to watch
the leaves and branches play.


Sitting still among the trees,
and all the shades of green,
I smile as I marvel at
these sights I've never seen


Streams of light shine through just right,
Pillars of sunshine, immensely bright,
I can't be sure but it seems to be,
the earth is smiling back at me.