Sunday, June 28, 2020

JONATHAN REED - THE LOST GENERATION / THERE IS HOPE


The author Jonathan Reed even gave the poem two names,
depending on what kind of reading you mean
- “The Lost Generation” or “There is Hope”.


A terrific poem that you must read twice.
Why exactly two? Read the first time and understand.





THE LOST GENERATION / 
THERE IS HOPE

by  Jonathan Reed



I am part of a lost generation.
And I refuse to believe that
I can change this world.
I understand, perhaps this will shock you, but
“Happiness is already within you”
- This is a lie, in fact.
Money will make me happy
And at thirty I will tell my child that
He is not the most important thing in my life.
My boss will know that
My principles:
Work
Is More Important Than
Family
Listen:
For a long time
People live in families
But now the


Society will never be the same as before
Experts tell me
In thirty years I will celebrate the tenth anniversary of my divorce.
I do not believe that
I will live in a country that I myself will create.
In the future, the
destruction of nature will become the norm.
No one believes that
We will save our beautiful planet.
And of course
My generation is already lost.
It is foolish to believe that
there is hope.



--------------------------------------

Now read the poem from the bottom up.

------------------------------------






This "white verse" is read in both directions as a symbol of two opposing plots of human development. And so that the script from the first reading does not come true, you need to choose the way back with completely different values.