Tuesday, March 12, 2019

WHITE SWAN - by Jacob Thompson



WHITE   SWAN

by Jacob Thompson



 White swan, fine and fair,
tell me secrets deep.
White swan, holding the sun,
show the love you keep.


White swan, on the water,
spare me a glance.
White swan, with wings fair,
watch over as I pass.


White swan, with wings large,
guard me this night.
White swan, pure as snow,
shed on me thy light.


White swan, floating gently,
comfort me with grace.
White swan, stretching thy neck,
grant me a piece of lace.


White swan, taking flight,
bless me in this moment.
White swan, soaring up,
I thank thee for the token.


White swan, pure and holy,
your spirit lives with me.
White swan, God's own love,
your beauty waves the sea.


White swan, soft and gentle,
I thank thee for this part.
For this second of a turning day,
to lie within your heart.