Tuesday, December 20, 2011

JESUS THE LAMB - by David Patterson



Ange




PRAISE  YOU  O  MIGHTY  FATHER  !

JESUS THE  LAMB







Born a gift, a lamb for slay
  Resting swaddled upon the manager hay
There, in stillness, silence lay
  The King born to be cast away.







Wise men searched in celestial wonder
  Worshipped beneath the distant thunder
In hallowed presence amongst cherub wings
  The wise men worship the wisest King.





Surrendered Jesus himself for me
  Took the sting of death for me
God’s eternal gift to me
  Ignites the grateful soul in me. 

 




Perished upon the cross for me,
  Punished upon the cross for me
Infant child, innocent lamb
  Swells a grateful soul in me.





All harm this moment kept at bay
  Heaven hushed upon hallowed hay
Salvation sleeps beneath celestial sea
  And rides upon the wings of eternity.