Saturday, February 18, 2017

MEMORIES ARE LEFT





MEMORIES ARE  LEFT 


I want to be with you,
But you’re millions of miles away.
I wish you would call just to ask about my day.
It would make things so much better if I could hear your voice,
I guess I can’t complain too much, it just wasn’t your choice.
You were always there for me through both the good times and the bad.
You were always there to laugh with me, or to help me when I’m sad.
It’s not that I pity you,
But I’ll admit your life’s been tough,
I just wish that physically,
I could be there when things get rough.
Down at the mall even though we had no money,
Laughing at anything and everything, yet none of it was funny.
Driving around the block, or baking things all day,
We never really ran out of things to say.
You’re locked up only a few hours away now, but it seems so far.
I wish I could be down there, where you are.
Why do two best friends you’ll ever know,
Have to be split up, because one is forced to go?
Now that we’re so far apart,
I love you even more.
Maybe we both love too much,
But, hey, that’s what friends are for.
Each time they say your name,
A tear forms in my eye,
How can I be happy,
If all I seem to do is cry?
You weren’t supposed to leave me,
This has to be a dream.
I cant accept your absence,
And take goodbye for what it means.
You left me lost and broken,
I still can’t find my way.
Months have passed real slowly,
But it’s harder every day.
I will never forget you,
Though we are far apart,
I miss you so much baby,
And love you with all my heart.