Monday, April 1, 2019

HIS PRESENCE - by Alora M. Knight


0_37bb4_71d78336_XL (700x475, 46Kb)

HIS  PRESENCE    


by  Alora M. Knight


A friend of mine once asked me
Just how could I believe
In someone I never saw,
Nor spoken words received.


I thought, perhaps, I should explain
Just why I have no doubt
That it was God's creativeness
That brought this world about.


I only have to look around
To know that He is there.
I see and feel and hear Him.
That's why I'm so aware.


I see Him in the raindrops
That nourish trees and flowers.
I see Him in the rainbows
That sometimes follow showers.


I see Him in a mother's love
When looking at her child.
So thankful that this miracle
Is pure and undefiled.


I see Him in the wrinkled face
That's seen so many years,
Knowing it was faith in Him
That overcame all fears.


I hear Him when a meadowlark
Trills out its joyful song.
I hear Him when the thunder
Comes forth so loud and strong.


I see the beauty of Him
In the butterflies on wing.
The feathers of the peacock
Are the colors He can bring.


I feel Him when a playful breeze
Blows gently through my hair.
When the sun shines warmly on my face,
I know that He is there.


His strength shows in the mountains
And the ever pounding seas.
A kitten's purred affection
Shows how gentle love can be.


It's true I have no pictures
To hang upon my wall.
I do not need a portrait,
His presence to recall.


For those who wish to listen,
It is played throughout the land.
The symphony of life itself,
Directed by His hand.