Sunday, January 12, 2014

I WILL WAIT A LIFETIME FOR YOU - Love Poem










I  WILL  WAIT  A  LIFETIME  FOR  YOU


You hide behind your feelings
and keep the truth locked away,
but there is so much said
in the things you don’t say




You innocently tell me
our time has come and gone
and that we can’t go back
but I don’t believe it
and this time you’re wrong





The distance you put between us
is nothing more than time lost;
a place for your feelings to hide,
yet I can hear the love in your voice
each time we talk





My patience has no end
when it comes to loving you
and I will wait a lifetime
for you to see the truth





Real love doesn’t go away
it doesn’t fade into the past,
it goes on forever
and always finds its way back





I will wait a lifetime for you
because you are my soul,
and behind all of your doubt
I know you can’t let go





You are my soul,
and I am yours, too.
If two people were ever meant to be,
it’s me and you.