Saturday, February 14, 2015

YOU ARE MY HEART, MY HOPE, MY HELP, by Nicholas Gordon






YOU ARE MY HEART, MY HOPE, MY HELP,

by Nicholas Gordon

You are my heart, my hope, my help,
The passion that is me,
The whole of which I am a part,
My peace, my ecstasy.

You are my future, present, past,
My ship, my sail, my ocean,
The wind that brings me home again,
The home for every motion.



You live within me, yet I am
Without you all alone.
With you I am full of light;
Without you I am stone.



Is this foolish? Yes, perhaps,
But also it is true.
I think of life as something I
Can spend with only you.



Ah, my love! Love longs for such
Sweet celebrants as this!
Love is a burden and a joy,
Slavery and bliss.



This day of love come love with me,
Come sing with me my song.
Come be my Valentine, and I
Will love you my life long, my love,
Will love you my life long.