Saturday, November 1, 2014

SWEET BABY Author: unknown



 

.

SWEET  BABY

Author: unknown


Ten little fingers, ten little toes -
Rosy little lips, and a button nose.
So soft and cuddly with a baby sweet smell.
Eyes so full of trust that I just can't fail.


I know a gift of God you had to be -

How else could something so perfect come to me ?
You wiggle and snuggle, gurgle and coo -
Do you know of all the love in my heart for you ?


Your eyes are getting heavy,

as off to Dreamland you go -
To dream of teddy bears, kittens,
and your Mother's love, I know.


I hold you close, and look at you with awe 

as a little silent prayer I say
"Thank you God, and please help me mold
this little life the right way."


I put you in your crib so gently, and

turn to blink away the tears.
You're my baby now, but I know it's
just for a few short years.


.