Fresh Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients of Fresh Coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp fresh coffee (finely ground)
- 8 oz soft brown sugar (light)
- 1 pint milk
- 6 fl.oz very hot water
How to make Fresh Coffee Ice Cream:
- Take the finely ground coffee and pour the water onto it then let it stand for about 10 mins.
- You then need to remove the coffee grounds so strain the mixture.
- In a heatproof bowl mix together the sugar and egg yolks, then whisk until thick and pale.
- Whisk in the milk and the coffee, then put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering (though not boiling) water.
- Cook until the mixture is thick being sure to stir it all the time.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and place the bowl to one side to cool.
- If you want to prevent a skin forming on the mixture you can try covering the surface with a piece of damp, greaseproof paper.
- When cool, transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fresh Coffee Ice Cream is ready now.
Neapolitan Ice Cream Pie
Thanks to a blend of frozen yogurt and ice cream, this cool treat only tastes sinful.
- 9 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/2 Heath bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mint ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 fresh strawberries, halved
Combine crackers and butter in a food processor. Press mixture into a 9" deep-dish pie pan to form crust. Chill in freezer for 20 minutes. Remove; spread strawberry frozen yogurt over crust. Sprinkle Heath bar on top. Freeze until firm. Remove. Spread a layer of mint ice cream over frozen yogurt; sprinkle 1 cup Oreos on top. Freeze until firm. Spread a layer of chocolate frozen yogurt on ice cream; freeze until firm. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Oreos on top. Garnish each slice with strawberries.
Mango Ice Cream RecipeIngredients:
- 1 measure mango pulp ( I used sweetened mango pulp)/ use any fruit of choice
- 1 measure coconut milk ( I used organic light coconut milk)
- 1 measure evaporated milk
- Sugar (optional)
- Small Mango pieces (optional)
- Cardamom powder(optional)
- Blend together mango pulp, coconut milk, evaporated milk and cardamom powder thoroughly.
- Check for taste and add sugar and blend again well.
- Transfer it to an air tight container and freeze it for about 6 hours.
- After 6 hours take out the frozen mixture, allow to set and then blend it again.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 one more time after 6 hours. During this time add mango pieces (optional) after blending mix well and then freeze again.
- (So overall blend the mixture 3 times in a interval of 6 hours, freezing it in between.)
- Before serving take it out of the freezer, allow to set, scoop out the ice-cream then top it off with nuts and serve