1 cucumber, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced
3 pepperoncini peppers, stemmed and minced
3g chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts, about 110g each
Olive oil spray
Freshly ground black pepper
For the tomato-cucumber salad:
1) Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear to a coarse paste. Put the garlic paste in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, pepperoncini, and dill and toss. Give a couple of generous grinds of black pepper. Toss again, and set aside.
For the chicken:
1) Preheat a griddle pan or nonstick frying pan to medium high.
2) Spray the chicken breasts lightly with the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Griddle the chicken, in batches if necessary, to avoid crowding the pan, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 mins per side. Place each breast on a plate and serve topped with the tomato-cucumber salad.
1 lb. Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and/or Gala apples, each cored, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. While crust is thawing at room temperature for 15 minutes, mix pecans, flour, and brown sugar in bowl. Work in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Immediately brush bottom and sides of hot crust with light coating of egg white. Reset oven to 425°F.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Toss in apples and lemon juice. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on High 12 minutes, stirring halfway through. Spoon filling into crust. Sprinkle pecan topping over filling.
4. Bake pie 10 to 12 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool on wire rack.
Vegetables and fruit go together so well in juices. If you are worried about including veggies, do not be - the fruits lend all the sweetness you need. Besides, both carrots and kale are actually pretty sweet, and they lend a lovely, earthy flavor that perfectly complements apples, oranges, and berries.
2 gala apples
2 large carrots
3-4 large kale leaves
1 cup blackberries
Juice all ingredients into a large measuring cup or bowl.
Strain if you have a picky drinker who like thin juices.
Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.