Saturday, October 11, 2014

Will You Marry Me ? by Grant Buckley






Will You Marry Me ?

by Grant  Buckley 
 

We've been together for a while now, and I need to let you know
Just how it would make me feel inside if you ever let me go.
My heart would break without a doubt, I don't know what I'd do
The pain would be unbearable, I can't bear the thought of losing you.


 We've had a lot of good times, and we've shared a lot of the bad
But we are always there to help each other when one of us is sad.
You are more than a friend to me, you're my soul, my life, my love
And since the moment I laid eyes on you, I've thanked the lord above.


Although we're together now, let's hope there's many more years to come
You'll always have my heart, you've always been that "special someone."
The way you've held me in your arms over these past few years
And the way I'll always be there for you, to wipe away the tears.


You know you have my heart, and I hope I have yours, too
I'll stay by your side forever, if that's what you want me to do.
I guess this poem is just a way of showing you that we are meant to be
So, do me this honour, give me your hand... "Will you marry me ?"