Tuesday, December 11, 2018

WALNUT CURLS - by Michael Bowman



 WALNUT  CURLS   

by   Michael Bowman 



I'd love to give you my whole life
To make you glow, make you my wife
I'd love to buy you diamond rings
Soft silk and satin, a clock that sings
Lalique and pearls and walnut curls
A painted sea that ebbs and swirls


I'd love to have just half a chance
To watch you laugh, click heels and dance
If I could take you by the hand
We'd run barefoot on sloping sands
Where once you swam as time began
Stole birthday kisses from this man


I'd love to leap into your arms
To catch your breath, capture your charms
I'd set you free to fly forever
We'd dive and swoop and soar together
We'd own the sky, the heavens high
And every cloud that ever cried


If I could give you yesterday
We'd never find a better way
To live and love and share our dreams
To give so much until it seems
Our hopes and fears, our salty tears
Have flowed as one through all these years