Tuesday, December 11, 2018

THE SANDS OF TIME - by Ken Ross



THE  SANDS  OF  TIME 

by   Ken Ross 




Admiring the beauty of the ocean waves
Drifting towards the land
I wondered about the journey they travelled
To eventually reach the sand
I've always dreamed about taking a journey
To a place along the sea
Where every moment is timeless
In a world of magic and mystery


You and I were hand in hand
Watching the seabirds in flight
Appearing like a silhouette
Against a backdrop of the moonlight
We found ourselves on a magical journey
To a place we wanted to be
When we ventured into the darkness
Towards the sounds of the romantic sea


We walked along the shoreline
Pausing to write in the sand
As we engaged on this timeless journey
To a special wonderland
Some kind of magic took over my heart
When you looked into my eyes
As we held each other very close
Waiting for the sun to rise


I said how much I loved you
And you said the same to me
As we drew a heart in the sand
And creating another memory
We wrote our initials inside the heart
Knowing the tide would soon be in
To carry our love into the sea
And let this romantic journey begin


We will always share a moonlight
With the sounds of the romantic sea
When we hold each other in the darkness
For now and eternity
The wave that carries our special love
Will always drift on forever
As we journey to that magical world
Through the sands of time together