Saturday, November 10, 2018

PEOPLE SPEAK... - by Ryan Mapes


PEOPLE SPEAK...


by   Ryan Mapes

People speak of fate
and meetings of chance.
Finding of soul mates
and love at first glance.

Alignment of planets
Shooting stars up above.
Fullness of the moon
and pairs of white doves.

I've never taken stock
in these symbols and signs.
But having met you
proved I'd been blind.

Poets write of hearts
eternal devotion.
Flames of desire
and new found emotion.

Love ever lasting
a lifetime of bliss.
Heaven here on Earth
the passion of a kiss.

I've never found valid
these words foolishly penned.
Then you graced my presence
and proved me wrong again.

Singers sing of heartache
and the one that got away.
Internal emptiness
pain that still remains.

Missed opportunities
the hollowness of night.
Paths that never cross
timing that wasn't right.

I never dreamed those songs
could ever ring so true.
Until I thought of life
without ever knowing you.