Saturday, August 11, 2018

THE GLORY OF GOD by Lora Cox





THE GLORY OF GOD

by  © Lora Cox

My eyes are filled with the glory of God 
When Christ on the cross I see 
And I think how He left His heavenly home 
To die on that cross for me 

My ears are filled with the glory of God 
When I think of His Holy word, 
how in the stillness after prayer 
His gentle voice is heard. 


My heart is filled with the glory of God 
When I think of His love that lives there 
And I feel all around me the presence, 
Of His great love everywhere. 

My days are filled with the glory of God 
When I ask Jesus to guide my ways 
And I know that He ever is with me, 
To God be the glory and praise. 


My nights are filled with the glory of God
When I think of the peace that He gives,
To rest in the quiet assurance, 
That within my heart He lives. 

The world is filled with the glory of God 
But no words can truly proclaim. 
The measure of His love and mercy 
Or the beauty of His Holy Name.