Wednesday, August 24, 2016

THAT SIDEWALK by Hyllary




http://static1.repo.aif.ru/1/fd/324216/64e24c0094b9823867125018a7c4d06b.jpg


THAT  SIDEWALK  


© Hyllary

Published on June 2014



When you look at that sidewalk
What do you see ?

I see
A chapter in my life story

You may see danger
I see my reflection
Filled with so much anger

When I see that sidewalk
I see
An item of which I have stared
As I've walked so many times, as the pain I've bared

I see
That sad freshmen girl
Who is as pretty as a pearl

With a mind so sick and rare
She screams out for help
But no one's there

She's made out to be a person so bad
But little do they know
She goes home to a terminally ill dad
And a mother who's driven mad

When I see that sidewalk
I see
The concrete and bricks
Of which I've tripped
And fell

I see some secrets
That I'll never tell

When I look at that sidewalk
This is what I see

When you look at that sidewalk
What do you see ?