Tuesday, February 3, 2015

ME AND YOU by Tina Potts





ME  AND  YOU

When I first talked to you
I felt like I had known you forever,
telling you my problems
and what I didn't want ever.

You listened to me

I bet you thought I'd never end,
who would have thought
we would be the best of friends.

Over a period of time,

I got to know the real you.
A guy so charming and gentle,
with a heart so true.

You've survived your life

with me by your side.
I told you I'd never leave
because of the feelings I have inside.

There was a time

I wanted to explore,
what would have happened
if I would only open the door.

I know you

like no one I have ever known,
and sometimes I wonder
what do I do when we're alone?

So I have decided

time answers all.
If it is meant to be
time will remove the wall.

Standing between us,

holding us back,
allowing us to feel
It's the relationship that we lack.

I love the way we are together,

you can always make me smile.
Will it ever really be forever?
I guess I will have to wait awhile.

Time will reveal, what lies ahead

but always remember
what I have said.
Meeting you has changed my life
and I really love you so,
the feelings I feel for you
I am never letting go.
Remember me always
and I will too.

I will always think of

me and you.