Saturday, October 4, 2014

THE POEM YOU WILL NEVER READ by Sarah Michelle Lipscomb




THE POEM YOU WILL NEVER READ



by Sarah Michelle Lipscomb



I sit alone in the darkness and I think of you. 
I wonder where you are now, 
I wonder if you still love me. 
I  still want you to be mine. 
We have been apart for some time now, 
and I don’t know why we let each other go. 
Nothing has changed in my heart for you. 
I need you here with me. 
Friends is what we said we would be, 
but it no longer feels we are anything. 
The promises we made are long gone. 
I  wish I could take away all these tears and pain, 
I wish you were still here with me. 
I  smile so you cannot see the hurt inside,
but you can't help how you don’t feel. 
If you would give me another chance to make you happy, 
you would never want to leave again. 
So I sit here alone in the dark writing a poem about you, 
another poem I write that you will never get to see, 
for I can't tell you how I really feel. 
I am afraid it would upset you even more 
and I would lose you forever.
When you ended it, you said, 
"Let things work out for themselves." 
Well, they worked out, to us not ever talking. 
I understand you don’t have much time on your hands, 
but if you would just call once a week 
to say, "How are you?" 
or to say you still care about me, 
that would show me you are a friend to me. 
I thought friends were supposed to be there for each other 
and spend time together. 
I guess our friendship isn’t very important. 
I want to think that you do care, 
but it is hard for me to believe it. 
It is hard for me to understand why you don’t love me. 
I  miss you so much, 
I don’t know what to do to get you back to me. 
Have you just forgotten about me? 
Do you not want to love me again? 
I miss you so much, and I am sad without you. 
I hope you understand, 
for I shall never be able to tell you I love you, 
and I wish things could go back to the way they should be, 
when you were here with me. 
You need to find yourself 
and I need to be strong for both of us. 
If nobody else in the world has faith in you and me, I DO!!! 
I need you night and day, that is all I can say. 
I wanted you to stay, I never wanted things to change. 
But for now I give you my heart, 
only so you know I am still thinking of you 
and I still care.