Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Softly, Gently Dear Lord... for She's my Mother by Patsy Jonas






Softly, Gently Dear Lord...

for She's my Mother



by Patsy Jonas
( South Africa)


Softly, gently Dear Lord..for she's my Mother

Hold her gently, Dear Lord, show her angels are near
To still all her pain, confusion and fear

Take her hand lightly, Dear Lord, should she stumble or stray
She no longer remembers her way

Touch her hair softly, Dear Lord, and keep her warm

She struggles so hard to fight the storm
Kiss her cheek gently, Dear Lord, should she start to cry
And tell her this time too will soon pass by

Whisper in her ear, Dear Lord, and tell her I love her so
I will never ever let her go

I ask this prayer, Dear Lord, for Alice my Mother
Her place on this earth can be filled by no other