Friday, April 5, 2013

CHRISTIAN POEMS - Encouragement

 








I am overcome with joy
because of your unfailing love,
for you have seen my troubles,
and you care about the anguish of my soul.
Psalm 31:7
 
 
TROUBLES
 
Are you troubled, does it seem,
That in this World of pain,
The sun may never shine its face,
Upon your life again ?

Are you worried, do you think,
Your life holds nothing good,
That everything you say or do,
Is just misunderstood ?

Are you lonely, do you feel,
No one on earth could care,
As you daily walk in sorrow,
To the rhythm of despair ?

Are you hurting, do you long,
For a kindly word or touch,
From gentle hands of someone,
Who will love you very much ?

Are you seeking, do you wish,
Your problems would be cured,
That in the place of heartaches,
Only blessings could be stored ?

Though answers may elude you,
To life's problems you will face,
Perfect peace is found in Jesus,
God of comfort, love and grace.

For Jesus came here to save us,
He braved the cross at Calvary,
Asking just that we accept Him,
To be saved ~ eternally.

So at every precious moment,
Heaven's blessings we can claim,
Since our victories in battle,
Have been won in Jesus' name.

© Sylvia Lavallee (Dec 89)







BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS







I took my troubles to the Lord;
I cried out to Him, 
and He answered my prayer.
Psalm 120:1
 
 
PRAYER

Carry me upon your soul,
Hold me close to make me whole.

Gather me beneath your wings,
Speak to me of tender things.

Lift my heart up with your love,
Shower blessings from above.

Be my light when darkness reigns,
Relief for sorrows and for pains.

Bless my life with peace and joy,
Abundant life, may I enjoy.

Hear my deepest, dark despair,
Tell me just how much you care.

Let me know that if distressed,
You will always give me rest.

When I come to you for peace,
May my sorrows swiftly cease.

Keep me ever by your side,
In your presence to abide.

Always lift me when I'm low,
Oh Lord ~ don't ever let me go.

© Sylvia Lavallee (Feb 98)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS







Praise the Lord, O my soul, 
and forget not all His benefits
Psalm 103:2
 
 
FORGET-ME-NOT

Forget-me-not when troubles come,
When you are blue and so lonesome;
For I am there right by your side,
I am your friend, and I will guide.

Forget-me-not as you wend your way,
On every dangerous broad highway;
For I, who've gone that way before,
Now stand on guard at Heaven's door.

Forget-me-not in whatever you see,
Allow all Creation to speak of me;
To tell of my plan, so pure, so divine,
For I am yours ~ and you are mine.

Forget-me-not if you're feeling weak,
Or insignificant when you speak;
Because I hear each plaintive cry,
Each aching, shaking, heartfelt sigh.

Forget-me-not when teardrops fall,
Each tear I'll treasure like a jewel;
That one day I might turn each one,
To tears of joy when life is done.

Forget-me-not, and turn your hearts,
To the source where true love starts.
Receive my love, and become aware,
I'm your Heavenly Father, and I care.
 
© Sylvia Lavallee (May 99)









BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS





...then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...
But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. 
Joshua 24:15
 
 
CHOICES

For peace the heart will ever yearn,
And deep within us all we learn,
That for true peace and harmony,
There's only one way to be free.

We must admit to being sinners,
That Jesus died to make us winners.
He took our sins and burdens too,
And died in place of me and you.

For us He lived the perfect life,
To free lost souls from mortal strife.
To save each soul He lived and died,
That all in Heaven may abide.

This truth to life we must apply,
For though our spirits never die,
Our choices tell where we are bound,
In flames of Hell or Heaven's ground.

Offer up to God your heart and soul,
Inscribe your name on His honour roll
Soon one day with the Lord to be,
In Paradise for all eternity.
 
© Sylvia Lavallée (Apr 97)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS






But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
  Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 5:11

 
 
JOY !
   

A person full of joy is like a mighty oak,
That stands in the middle of a plain;
Always full of life as he stands there,
Whether there is sunshine or rain.

He stands as a landmark for mankind,
As they travel down the road of life;
Out there in the open for all to see,
Ever the same in peace or strife.

He appears not to change from day to day,
As he stands before the World, you see,
But gives aid and shelter to those in need,
For whoever comes ~ both you and me.

He provides shade for the weary traveler,
And for the animals both young and old.
From the cast-off of his mighty limbs,
He gives firewood for the hungry and cold.

He gives his acorns to the hungry squirrel,
And leaves for birds to build their nests.
And sanctuary to both animal and man,
For the weary, a place to rest.

So let's be full of joy as we travel along.
Give the World a smile, though you have pain,
And you too will be a guide for mankind,
Like that giant old oak out there on the plain.

© William O. Adams (2003)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS





You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples
Psalm 77:14
 
 
BLESSINGS

I've been blessed with roses,
Blossoms of white,
Moonglow to show 
My way in the night.

Glistening rainbows,
In waterfall mist,
Opening my eyes,
Unclenching my fist.

A mirrored lake,
Reflecting Your love,
Setting me free,
With scenes from above.

A walk through the woods,
Just after a rain,
Feeling You there,
Relieving my pain.

Scarlet sunsets 
Just over the hill,
Filling my soul
Renewing my will.

Delicate angels 
In every disguise,
Put there by You
To answer my, "Whys".

In every glorious
Thing that I see,
A constant reminder
Without You, there's no me.

And every night, 
I send up a prayer
Of thanks for the miracles,
Found everywhere.
 
© Bonnie Church (2001)







BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS





 "Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in the heavens
and in the earth? He raises the poor out of the dust, 
and lifts the needy out of the ash heap,
That He may seat him with princes - 
with the princes of His people."
Psalm 113:6-8
 
 
LIFTED UP

You looked at me and stepped from Your throne,
Humbly and beautifully, You called me Your own.
You cleaned off the dust that covered my face,
Wiped away tears and gave me a place.
Among the kings that people the earth,
Out of my needs You gave me worth.

I want to praise You and let You know,
The peace in my heart from the love You bestow.
Has changed me forever, and made me free,
From ash heap to Heaven, You'll carry me!
 
© Linda Anderson (1999)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS








Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6
 
 
THROUGH THE YEARS

I look back through the years,
At friends who've touched my life;
They helped me become who I am,
In happy times and strife.

Some led me into darkened streets;
Some to mountains high;
Some followed me in anger;
Some simply said good-bye.

For through the years I've grown much,
And finally found my way,
And firmly planted down my feet,
I'm here with You to stay !

You became my closest Friend;
Your leading is never wrong.
I follow You to brighter streets,
Your love for me is strong.

I'll never wander aimlessly,
As I once did in my past,
For You are the Way, Truth, and Life,
And Your love will always last !

© Linda Anderson (1999)







BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS






"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
 
 
IF YOU KNEW

If you knew how much He loves you,
How He longs for you each day,
How He wants to hear you speak to Him
And needs to hear you pray,
How no one else can take your place,
How He believes in you...
You'd never doubt His love again,
Not ever ~ If you knew.

If you knew how much He loves you,
How He treasures you most dear,
How He grieves inside each time you weep
And aches to hold you near,
How He cherishes your thoughts of Him,
How He delights in you...
You'd never doubt His love again,
Not ever ~ If you knew.

© Connie Hinnen Cook (2002)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS





I have no greater joy than to hear 
that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 4
 
 
KEEP GOING

Whenever times are rough,
We wish time would go by quick.
Because the situations are tough,
They make us feel really sick.

Sometimes we feel very down,
It's like we're locked in a jail.
And we occasionally frown,
It's like we cannot get well.

What's in the future, we may never know,
We must let God guide us by His hands.
If we let Him take charge there's a special glow,
When He carries us over life's sands.

As time goes by and by each day,
There's one thing we should remember.
That with the Lord there's always a way,
In any month, January through December.

Never give up when things don't go as planned,
We must know God always is right.
We must always make our own faithful stand,
Fore we don't know what God has in sight.

No one can ever take away the sorrow,
That you may feel when you're all alone.
But I can tell you there's always a new tomorrow,
Life brings pain, after all we're just flesh and bone.

Times will be happy, and times will be sad,
Times will be easy, and others hard I guarantee.
Yet without God, things would always be bad,
With God things will work out, watch you'll see!

There is no second chance to life,
You must live every day at your best.
In times of happiness, and in times of strife,
Because your life is one big test.

Never give up if you feel you can't continue,
God will be right there ~ just for you.
Try hard not to be downhearted and so blue,
In trials remember to wear your working shoes.
 
© Lindsey Bates (2000)





BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS








The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! 
Exalted be God my Savior! 
Psalm 18:46
 
 
GOD

In the winter He will keep you warm,
In trials He gives, shelter from the storm.
He is the person who knows us the best,
When we are weary He gives us rest.

He gives to us, someone to lean on,
Who will never from our side, be gone.
He dearly loves us, for just who we are,
For we are His bright shining stars.

The Saviour gave all He had to give,
That we might have the perfect life to live.
He gave His life for you, and for me,
Something so few, so rarely will see.

No one, ever before has been like Him,
He helps us when we are feeling grim.
You can call on Him any time any hour,
He is the only one with the healing power.

He's the strongest Man I ever have known,
His life's the greatest love story ever shown,
He will help us through each and every day,
For serving God is the only true, sure way.

So at times when you can't see the light,
Still be sure He has a plan in sight.
Always have faith, hold onto your  hope,
Then God will be there to help you cope.

No one in this world can ever compare,
To Him who helps carry, all you have to bear,
He is the beginning, and He is the end,
God truly is ~ my closest friend.
 
© Lindsey Bates (2000)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS




Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for 
the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ 
to bring you to eternal life. 
Jude 20:21
 
 
THIS LOVE

A love so very tender,
Many do not believe it's true.
A love that will not hinder,
The love God has for you.

A love that never holds one down,
And never is in the way;
A love that makes you smile, not frown,
A love that is there each and every day.

A love that no one can comprehend,
For it knows no boundaries.
It is the love God chose to send,
Which crosses the seven seas.

A love that can mend a broken heart,
And touch a wounded soul.
A love that will never break apart,
A love that will make you whole.

A love that is always strong,
For never will it fail.
A love that is never wrong,
A love that will prevail.

This love that is always there,
It never departs from you.
It's the love you feel in prayer,
For God's love is always true.

A love that comforts the pain,
And shelters you from the cold.
A love that shields the rain,
A love that is everso bold.

A love that is good to trust,
It will never leave or forsake you.
A love that is not unjust,
A love that understands you.

A love that has sacrificed,
All it could, we know this is true.
A love that has paid the price,
As Jesus gave His life for you.
 
© Lindsey Bates (2000)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS




Consider it pure joy, my brothers, 
whenever you face trials of many kinds, 
because you know that the testing of your faith 
develops perseverance. 
James 1:2-3
 


ROUGH TIMES

There are times, things don't go our way,
Everything just seems to go wrong.
We feel we can't make it through the day,
The day appears far too long.

We think, "why is it always me ? ”
Nothing ever seems to go right.
We simply want to be burden free,
We can't see what God has in sight.

Sometimes it's hard to continue to go,
We want to give up, and give in.
Everything is moving so very slow.
But give it to God, and you'll always win !

It's so very easy for others to say,
That they will be there for you;
But during trials they all run away,
Because they aren't in your shoes.

None understand pain you're going through,
They just think that you'll be okay.
They have no idea what it's like to be you,
For they aren't having the same kind of day.

Yet no matter how lonely you may feel,
Remember that God hears each prayer.
This you must believe, and just be still,
For our Lord God always is there !

When you feel you can go on no longer,
And you're, "at the end of your rope",
That's when God is making you stronger,
Whatever you do, don't give up your hope !
 
© Lindsey Bates (2000)






BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS





My soul is weary with sorrow; 
strengthen me according to your word. 
Psalm 119:28
 
 
IN THOSE TIMES

There are times we experience sorrow,
And feel that there will be no tomorrow.
Then there are times of deepest pain,
When we cannot see through the rain.

But during these times we grow stronger,
And find out that we can go on longer.
This is when we'll gain most strength,
The strength of faith to go any length.

Faith helps you climb the highest mountain,
Survive the roughest, deepest sea.
Cross the widest, raging river,
And overcome your deepest valley.

In those times we may feel lonely all along,
But we should see that we are so wrong.
For God will always be right there,
Whether or not we choose to care.

Don't give up when you see a loss,
You know you can always talk to the boss!
When you go through a tough situation,
God steps in with His full admiration !
 
© Lindsey Bates (2000)





БЛАГОВЕЩЕНИЕ 2012~Религия




BONSOIR A TOUTES ET TOUS